Advertisement

General News

21 November, 2025

Charges laid following burglary

FOUR people have been charged following an alleged burglary in Derrinallum, with one person still outstanding.


The initial burglary occurred during the day on Friday, November 7 at a Taylor Street address, where two vehicles – a blue Holden Astra and a blue Holden Statesman, $1000 worth of tools and a tool trailer valued at $5000 were stolen.

Corangamite Senior Sergeant Bill Caldow said police believe the alleged offenders made a number of visits to the property prior to the theft.

“Three offenders attended the address where they’ve attempted to steal some tools and a trailer,” he said.

“They were interrupted by a family member and then subsequently left the property.

“Since that time, five offenders have been interviewed in relation to the offending – one remanded in custody and some on bail.”

Snr Sgt Caldow said it was disappointing conduct from the alleged offenders, which included two Camperdown men and a Darlington man.

“In relation to this incident, a 19-year-old Camperdown man has been charged with burglary, theft and an additional two charges of theft including that of the tool trailer,” he said.

“He was on a couple of sets of bail – he was on bail for a serious armed robbery in Colac earlier in the year, and he was also bailed by the Warrnambool Magistrates Court three days earlier in relation to alledged threats to kill.

“He has been subsequently been remanded to the Magistrates Court on December 2.

“A 39-year-old Darlington man has been interviewed and released pending summons. He’ll be charged in relation to the matters.

“An 18-year-old Colac man has been charged with burglary and three charges of theft and has been bailed to the Warrnambool Magistrates Court for January 15, 2026.”

A 23-year-old Camperdown man has also been charged with theft of a motor vehicle after police allege he was found driving one of the stolen vehicles and was bailed.

A fifth offender was spoken to on Monday.

Snr Sgt Caldow said all stolen property was recovered in the days following the incident.

“The tool trailer was recovered at the scene – they were boxed in by police,” he said.

“There was no great confrontation.

“The Astra was recovered from an offender in Warrnambool – Warrnambool Highway Patrol intercepted the vehicle on Wednesday, November 12.

“The Statesman was recovered in Foxhow after police got a search warrant.

“It was a good effort by the Camperdown members to get this properly resolved.”

Read More: Derrinallum

Advertisement

Most Popular